Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Welcome to Vacationland

This blog is for all those who live and work in tourist towns. I live and work in a tourist town, and it is also an island. Some of us around here like to refer to it as...Vacationland. Everyone seems to be on vacation...except for us. I will not hide that I was inspired to write this blog after reading the book, "Waiter Rant". His insight into the front-of-house restaurant perspective was fascinating. I was also inspired by his progression from waiter to writer. I work in hospitality but have a degree in English and I hope I can take the same journey as, "The Waiter". I'm not sure how I will refer to myself yet, but I will also be maintaining the anonymity of my current employer. Names, places, etc. will be changed to protect the innocent-- and the not so innocent of course.

In nine years of working at The Resort, I have expierenced a lot. Many good stories, many bad, and many just odd. Why I still work here I don't know...there must be something in the water. I look forward to sharing my stories, my stress, and my solutions with anyone who might possibly read this blog. Anybody? Welcome to Vacationland.

No comments:

Post a Comment